Clearing out your closet can be a daunting task, but a necessary one to keep your wardrobe feeling fresh. Your closet should be filled with things that make you feel good about getting dressed for your day in the morning. If you're not using it, consign it: there's no point in holding on to items of clothing that you'll stare at every day but never wear again.
Our consignment process is straightforward and easy. Here is how the process works:
- Bring your items in to the shop either on hangers or gently folded in bags or bins.
- Shop around while we go through your things. This part will only take 10-20 minutes max. We take in items based on season, brand, quality, condition and what we have a customer base for at our shop.
- After we're done going through your clothes and have determined that we will take some or all of your clothing on consignment, we will have you fill out a consignment contract.
- You will get an inventory link emailed to you, through which you will be able to set up an account with our consignment software and see your items in our system.
- Your items hang out on our racks and shelves for 90 days, waiting to sell.
- On the 10th of every month, we make out a check for you for your previous month's sales. Your check gets filed at the shop until you're able to come pick it up: you can either pick up monthly or wait to pick up all of your checks at once after their 90 day consignment period.
- After your items officially "expire" in the shop, you can either come in and pick up your items or have them donated to the St. John's Clothing Closet. (This is pre-decided by you in your consignment contract.) If you had opted to come pick them up, you have 7 days to do so, otherwise they will be donated.