Because consignment stores take a percentage of whatever sells in order to cover the costs of what it takes to run a business, realistically consigning your clothing won't make you rich. However, it will supply you with extra pocket money that you wouldn't have had otherwise. Why not treat yourself with the extra cash, or spend it on something you normally wouldn't? Here are some ideas of what to do with the consignment money you earn:
- Turn it right back around and use it towards a purchase at the store you're consigning with. Part of the fun of consigning your old clothes is making room in your closet for fresh new additions, right? Getting rid of a handful of things you don't wear anymore and putting back in one new thing that you love is a great way to keep your closet fresh and minimal.
- Use it to take yourself on a self-care date, whatever that means for you... Take yourself out for coffee, go to the movies, get a manicure or pedicure, go soaking at a spa, etc.
- Save it up and splurge on that special piece of jewelry you've been eyeing but are having a hard time justifying buying for yourself. It will feel special and well earned if you wait and pay for it with money made from consignment.
- Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers or a cute potted plant next time you're at the grocery store. It's the little things that create beauty in every day life that induce happiness and spark creativity.
- Donate it to a local charity or non-profit organization. Being selfless and doing something to help other's in need can bring the greatest and purest joy.